Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Thursday's Therapy - Unpackaging The Princes' Top 10 TRUTHS about Child-Loss Grief - Truth #10) Child-Loss Grief is MOSTLY about Trauma!







Thursday's Therapy


Unpackaging


The Princes' Top 10 TRUTHS


about Child-Loss Grief



Truth #10) Child-Loss Grief is MOSTLY about Trauma!






TRUTH #10) Child-Loss Grief is not JUST about Grief! Child-Loss Grief is MOSTLY about Trauma!




Looking ahead, after the coldness in the chest began to subside, I thought I'd be facing a time of intense sadness only. I had no idea how devastating it would be, what a devastating impact child-loss would have:


  • A depth of weeping (of which) I didn't know I was capable.
  • Struggling with hyperarousal and hypervigilance.
  • Getting triggered.
  • Shattering of my faith and assumptive beliefs.
  • Inability to be around crowds.
  • Struggles with sleeping and very disruptive sleep habits.
  • Alteration of my outlook on things (things I once enjoyed, I don't enjoy any more; things I once tolerated, I cannot tolerate any more).
  • Resurrection of old unresolved issues.
  • Fault-lines (weaknesses in the formation of one's character or personality) are exposed and exacerbated.
  • Recurrent bouts of helplessness, irritability, agitation, anger, despair, and extreme vulnerability.



There's always an underlying deep sadness, but I did not know all the other mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional turmoil was going to accompany the sadness. Obviously, all these things together make it difficult to even cope with, much less adapt to, this new life, as this trauma greatly complicates my mourning my precious child!











Pictures thanks to FotoSearch
Child-Loss Grief and Trauma research, Therese A. Rando, 2011

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment