Monday, August 16, 2010

Tuesday's Trust Each Day...Pain, Midst Child-Loss Grief





Tuesday's Trust


Each Day...Pain, Midst Child-Loss Grief






Last night as I was getting into bed (much later than Tommy unfortunately), I looked on my pillow and saw where there on top of my pillow, Tommy had propped up my large Valentine Bear Nathan (my younger son) had given me, and my little Christmas bear Tommy had given me he had propped up to be "sitting" in Valentine bear's lap, in front of which Tommy had opened up and propped my small version of Oswald Chambers' My Utmost for His Highest, as if Big Bear was reading bedtime devotions to Little Bear! I cracked up! (Isn't it nice when we grievers can get a good laugh?! ) Good feelings are greatly prized when we have so many sad feelings! Thank the Dear Lord for my funny husband, always coming up with new ways to bring me a smile! :0)






Unbeknownst to him, the devotional book had been opened up to August 2nd (Merry Katherine's death date), so I picked it up and read it. This invaluable message was what I found which prompted me to write the poem which follows:




In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.


~John 16:33



An average view of the Christian life is that it means deliverance from trouble...


It is deliverance IN trouble, which is very different. The strain is the strength. If there is no strain, there is no strength. Are you asking God to give you life and liberty and joy? He cannot, unless you accept the strain. Immediately you face the strain, you will get the strength. Overcome your timidity and take the step, and God will give you to eat of the tree of life and you will get nourishment.


God never gives strength for tomorrow, or for the next hour, but only for the strain of the minute.


The temptation is to face difficulties from a common-sense standpoint. The saint is hilarious when he is crushed with difficulties because the thing is so ludicrously impossible to anyone but God.



~August 2, My Utmost for His Highest, ~by Oswald Chambers




Each Day...Pain, Midst Child-Loss Grief




Each day my heart lifts a load of weight it cannot bear.

It has no strength to do it for it was never there.

My heart was light and happy; I had no single care...

Now I carry a cross when my heart has been stripped bare?!


Each day when I awake, Pain goes with me through my day.

I gravitate to find things that soothe my Pain away.

Indeed I do find comfort; the Pain is held at bay.

But peek inside my heart, you'll see ~ Pain is here to stay.


I look to my Savior and ask Him for some relief...



He says,


"My child, I've called you to bear Love's cross of grief.

My Kingdom's not of this world; in Heav'n you'll find reprieve,

But as you draw close to Me, your burdens I'll relieve.


"Do not expect your way to be free of death's stark thorns,

But know that I walk closely to any child who mourns.


"Your baby is in Heaven; in that you can rejoice!

But cry your sadness to Me; I'll ever hear your voice."


But Lord, I cannot function for grieving my child's death!



"Child, I too carried deepest grief to My dying breath...



"Yes, My child, the road to the cross is jagged and steep,

But when you see the Lord your God, you'll jump for joy, leap!"









Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.


~Matthew 5:4










Images:
http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-5924742-teddy-bear-hug-isolated-on-white.php
http://media.photobucket.com/image/teddy%20bears/jmomoa/Teddy%20Bears/6.jpg?o=95/

http://www.dreamstime.com/stock-photography-friendship-2-teddy-bears-holding-in-one-s-arm-image12925132

http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/teddy-bears.shtml


Devotional from: My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

Poem - Each Day...Pain, Midst Child-Loss Grief - Angie Bennett Prince - 8/16/10



TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment