10 Question Quiz to Take:
Is a Christian Grieving Mother
Grieving or "Backsliding"???
"...so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than what is in the heart." ~2 Corinthians 5:12b
Some of us grieving mothers have been accused of "backsliding" just because we have stopped attending church due to our traumatizing grief. So, in response to such criticism, I thought we might examine the heart of Scripture to see what God holds as precious in our walk with Him amidst our deep grief:
- Can there be spiritual growth apart from walking into a church building? (For hint, see 2 Corinthians 6:16b-17, Matthew 24:1-2, I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 2:6-10, and Ephesians 3:14-19)
- Can we feel deep comfort apart from deep suffering?
- Who is more likely to plumb the depths of God's comfort: a "happy" Christian, or a grieving mother crying out to the Lord not only daily, but minute by minute?
- Did the good Samaritan take the wounded man to church, or to bind up his wounds? (For hint, see Luke 10:25-37)
- Are we called to comfort one another, to bind up one another's wounds, and to carry one another's burdens? (For hint, see 2 Corinthians 1:3)
- How did Jesus say the world will know we are Christians (Christ's disciples) ~ by how many times we walk inside a church building, or by our love for one another? (For hint, see John 13:34-35)
- Who did Jesus say would be the greatest in the kingdom of Heaven ~ the one who is first now (most "successful"), or the one who is last now (all dreams crushed, like grieving the loss of a child)? (For hint, see Luke 9:46-48, Mark 10:31)
- Who did Jesus say would be the sheep and who would be the goats when the Son of Man comes in His glory and sits on His throne to determine who are His sheep who will enter into His Father's Kingdom versus the goats who will be banished from His Kingdom? Did such criteria involve how many times a person went to church, or how s/he treated the hurting? (For hint, see Matthew 25:31-46)
- Who did Jesus say is His brother, and sister, and mother? The one who is in church every time the doors are open, or whoever does the will of His Father? (For hint, see Mark 3:31-35)
- What did Paul say would happen for a person if s/he
- Speaks in the tongues of men and angels,
- Has the gift of prophecy,
- Can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
- Has a faith that can move mountains,
- Gives all s/he possesses to the poor and
- Surrenders his body to the flames,