Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday’s Mourning Ministry - Held



Held



Searching the Bible on Behalf of us Bereaved Parents
as we Grieve Our Great Loss...


The Lord is close to the broken-hearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18


In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.

We do not know what we ought to pray for,

but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us

with groans that words cannot express.

Romans 8:26



At one time my heart was sad
and my spirit was bitter.
I didn't have any sense. I didn't know anything.
I acted like a wild animal toward You.
But I am always with You.
You hold me by my right hand.
You give me wise advice to guide me.
And when I die, You will take me away
into the glory of heaven.
Psalm 73:21-24 NIRV


On my bed I remember You;
I think of You
through the watches of the night.
Because You are my help,
I sing in the shadow of Your wings.
My soul clings to You;
Your right hand upholds me.
Psalm 63:6-8






Held


Though He brings grief,
He will show compassion,
so great is His unfailing love.
For He does not willingly bring affliction
or grief to the children of men.
Lamentations 3:32-33


"The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath
are the everlasting arms...."
Deuteronomy 33:27


***


Tomorrow, we will begin to examine scriptures that talk further about this fallen world we live in that includes the death of each of us; though we continue to live in such a fallen world until God creates "a new heaven and a new earth," we will see that our God is a God of love who brings life to us and does not cause death:


Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life....
2 Samuel 14:14

(Jesus said,) "The thief (Satan) comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
I have come that they may have life and have it to the full."
John 10:10






All Scriptures NIV, except Psalm 73:21-24 is New International Reader's Version
Picture: http://picturesofjesus4you.com/448.html "My Savior and Friend" by Jean Keaton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-hJ87ApWtw
TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment