Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's Trust - Dim Reflections




Tuesday's Trust


Dim Reflections


God, I cannot handle dim reflections

Of your image, of who You really are.

I need all of Your tender affections:

Tenderness gathers my tears in a jar.


Your tenderness takes my heart in Your hands

And pours Your balm of healing through and through.

I need Your truth, not th’ religion of man’s

To penetrate my soul and spirit true.


Of all th’ times I need You, I need You now

When my heart is broken, torn through with holes…

I need not ask You what, when, why, or how;

I need Your presence, Healer of men’s souls.


Your presence holds me, takes me in Your arms.

Your presence shows me who You really are.

Your presence shields from all Satan’s alarms.

Your presence nurtures, helps me fight Grief’s war.


Your presence was there for her that dark night…

You took her in Your arms; You saw her plight.


Your presence is here for me this dark night…

You take me in Your arms, resting my plight.


“Be near me Lord Jesus; I ask You to stay

Close by me forever, and love me, I pray!”*


You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.

Psalm 56:8 NLT






*Part of the third verse of the beloved hymn, “Away in a Manger”

Version of Scripture used: NLT-New Living Translation

Poem - Dim Reflections - Written 10/13/2009 - Angie Bennett Prince

TwitThis

1 comment:

A Scent of Faith said...

Great Angie!! It seems like all that I write, you write the answers I need to hear. The answers I know, but my mind doesn't let them in at times.
Love to another Grieving Mother,
Cindy Martin

Post a Comment