Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday’s Woe - Her Presence More Real... ~ After Four Years of Child-Loss





Wednesday’s Woe


Her Presence More Real...

~ After Four Years of Child-Loss



Going through papers to do my taxes,

I find a childhood picture of my baby

Playing “princess" dress-up with her friend:

O how precious to see my baby's grin...


Beautiful white lacy dress with sequins,

But she stuck her leg out t' th' side like a clown~

Her and her friend's best features ~ their grins,

Beautifully captured in clowning aroun'...



It seemed like yesterday, with no time lapses,

Like she's here now, happily playing...


4 years of child-loss wiped clean away

As I'm back "there," watching my child at play!



...New waves of grief rise within as I come back

To the reality of my stark lack,

Throwing me back to square one of my grief

Crushed ~

But she was JUST HERE, though the time so brief...



Where could she be ~ this child so full of life,

Her presence more real than 4 years of lost life...



*****



"Grief is like you're running a race, but you keep having to return to the starting line ~ It's just a series of starting all over, again and again. You never get to the finish...."

~Tommy Prince












Poem - Her Presence More Real... - Angie Bennett Prince - 10/20/2010

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment