Monday, December 13, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - "Do you ever wish you would just die too?"




Our dog, Prissy, feeling "dead to the world"!




Tuesday's Trust


"Do you ever wish you would just die too?"







"Do you ever wish you would just die too?"


my client asked me last week, having lost his own child, and now years later, his wife and his step-child...




"No," I said.


"Rather, I ask God, 'How am I to live when I feel so dead?!'"




My clients response to me was,


"Do you think it's important to be broken?"



I answered simply, "Yes!"





...But as I'm reading scripture today, I read God's more elaborate answer through his apostle Paul to my client's earnest question:



"We always carry around in our body

the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus

may also be revealed in our body."





So, now I would add to my answer


"Yes, it is important to be broken!

If I'm not given over to death for Jesus' sake,

then His life would not be revealed in my mortal body!"



(Life is not all about me! It is about Jesus IN me, the Hope of Glory!)






The apostle Paul explains further:




"We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus,

so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.


"So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you!"



"We... are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you

can answer those who take pride in what is seen

rather than what is in the heart.


"For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that One died for all, and therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again."


~2 Corinthians 4:12, 5:12b,14-15





So... what am I waiting around for???


I know complete healing will not come while I am still on this earth.


I WILL feel dead, because my child died AND because I have identified with Jesus on the cross.


But feeling dead is okay, for God's word says that is when the LIFE OF JESUS MAY ALSO BE REVEALED IN OUR BODY!"

(~2 Corinthians 4:10-11)




~Colossians 1:24-27 reads...

"Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of His body, which is the church. I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness--the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is

Christ in you, the hope of glory."








All Scripture from The New International Version of God's Holy Word

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment