Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday's Faith - Come, Sweet Comforter







Friday's Faith

Come, Sweet Comforter





Could it be Your will as it was for Your Son...
"To crush (me) and cause (me) to suffer"
Under the weight of this burden of grief
After losing my child, my little one?

And though not the death, but the number of days,
That were set for my child, my precious one~
Could these be a part of Your Heavenly ways?
If this be Your path, if t'were Your path, then I dare not shun...

But God, how to live with this heavy heart
That grieves every day since she did depart~
How do I live, even though I die
When the life was cut down of "the apple of my eye"?

Only You ~Divine Creator~ can create a path
Through these ruins that lie beneath Death's crater;
For it seems this darkness threatens to overtake,
Living in this, The Shadow, of the Vile One's wrath.

"Even the darkness is not dark to You
As the night will shine like the day
For darkness is as light to You."

I look to You Lord, to light up my way,
Sprinkled with Grace as though refined by fire
As I walk everyday in the muck of Death's mire,
For it's only in the crucible that You meet us in the fire,
And in the crucible of the Crucifix, only You can show the way...

Come to me Lord; hold me close to Your heart,
For my heart forever breaks since my baby did part...

Come, sweet Comforter, come ~Please come~
Hold me in Your arms; take me safely through the Shadow,
Guide me all the way Home.



~~~~~



Isaiah 53:10 NIV
Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes His life a guilt offering, He will see His offspring and prolong His days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in His hand.

Psalm 139:15-16 NIV
My frame was not hidden from You
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in Your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:11-12 NIV
If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”
even the darkness will not be dark to You;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to You.

Zechariah 2:8 Douay-Rheims Bible
For thus saith the Lord of hosts: After the glory he hath sent me to the nations that have robbed you: for he that toucheth you, toucheth the apple of my eye:

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings...

Isaiah 40:11b NIV
He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to his heart;











Poem - Come, Sweet Comforter - Angie Bennett Prince - 7/22/2012


TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment