Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday's Faith - How to See God's Love Amidst Our Child's Death...






Friday's Faith

How to See God's Love Amidst Our Child's Death...





I was starting to read my new novel from the library early this morning when I could not sleep. But first I read the preface poem; it stopped me in my tracks, and I knew I had to finish William Blake's poem… 

The first verse below is the poem by William Blake from Auguries of Innocence that prefaced my book Afterwards by brilliant author Rosamund Lupton whose prose itself reads more like poetry. The second two verses are mine. May you enjoy, and better yet, may you be ministered to by God's love that ever buttresses our hearts amidst our deep grief…



To See God's Love…


To see a world in a grain of sand
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand 
And eternity in an hour.


To see God's love in the life of a man
And His Heaven in the face of a child,
Watch the tiny bird held in the palm of His hand,
And the delight of love light up in the face of the man's grandchild.


To see God's love for mine and your child,
Look at the life that to you was born;
Though we may not see them for quite a long while,
He holds them There for us till our night breaks through to Morn.










Picture, thanks to "Angels on Loan"
Poem - Verse One, by William Blake from Auguries of Innocence, as quoted in Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton
Poem - Verses One and Two - To See God's Love - Angie Bennett Prince - July 13, 2012

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment