Monday, July 23, 2012

Tuesday's Trust - In Loss, We Are Drawn to Him...







Tuesday's Trust
In Loss, We Are Drawn to Him...







Fearing to launch on "full surrender's" tide,
I asked the Lord where would its waters glide
My little bark, "To troubled seas I dread?"

"Unto Myself," He said.






Weeping beside an open grave I stood,
In bitterness of soul I cried to God:
"Where leads this path of sorrow that I tread?"

"Unto Myself," He said.









Striving for souls, I loved the work too well;
Then disappointments came; I could not tell
The reason, till He said, "I am thine all;

Unto Myself I call."



Watching my heroes---those I loved the best---
I saw them fail; they could not stand the test,
Even by this the Lord, through tears not few,

Unto Himself, me drew.



Unto Himself! No earthly tongue can tell
The bliss I find, since in His heart I dwell;
The things that charmed me once seem all as naught;

Unto Himself I'm brought.







---Selected

~from Streams in the Desert, by Mrs. Charles E. Cowman (1925)








TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment