- Be curious. Get into the habit of questioning everything. By being curious and questioning everything, we force our brain to create new ideas.
- Exercise regularly. It's been proven exercise helps to increase brain function and enhances neurogenesis. This means every time we exercise we are creating new brain cells.
- Do something new. Experiencing something new," stimulates the brain, creating new neural pathways, increasing intelligence.
- Train your memory. Discipline yourself to memorize, use the calculator in yur head instead of your cell phone.
- Think Positive. Stress and anxiety kill existing brain neuron and also stop new neurons from being created. Research has shown that positive thinking, especially in the future tense, speeds up the creation of cells and dramatically reduces stress and anxiety. Try and take control of negative thoughts, and make an effort to replace them with positive ones.
- Eat healthy. Our diets have a HUGE impact on brain function. Our brains consume over 20 percent of all nutrients and oxygen that we consume. So, remember to feed your brain with the good stuff! (Think fresh fruits and veggies and plenty of omega 3s found in oily fish.)
- Read a book. Reading relieves tension and stress (brain-cell killers), because it's a form of escapism. Research has also shown using our imagination is a great way to train our brain, because we force our mind to picture what we are imagining. Reading is a great way to trigger our imagination and fuel our creative genius.
- Get the sleep you need. Sleep is when our body regenerates cells and removes all the toxins which have built up during the day. Get to bed between the hours of 9 pm and midnight to benefit from the most effective hours of sleep!
Picture and Article: