Monday, September 27, 2010

Tuesday's Trust - Walking Around with No Skin On: Love's Insurrection!





Tuesday's Trust


Walking Around with No Skin On:


Love's Insurrection!




We walk around with no skin on, my friend and I,

Our hearts on our sleeve, open for all to see.

Insensitive ones, with logs in their eye

Seem ready to pounce folks weak as we.

How to survive in this cruel world:

Sin run amuck, hooks at sea...

These same hooks snagged our girls,

Took them out to sea...

There's just one way

In Grief's plod

To live...

God...

He's LOVE!

He loves us,

Hovers above,

Watching over us.

He gives us eyes to see

Other folks with hearts tender...

Broken by God...swim in our sea...

Nurturing hearts, ready to render

Christ-in-the-flesh to folks like you and me.

He gives discernment; He gives sweet protection;

He gives us strength in His love...Love's insurrection!








Poem dedicated to my precious grieving child-loss friend Danielle Helms, mother of precious Kristin Helms...


Danielle Helms



*****



Yea though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil for Thou art with me, Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me...


~Psalm 23:4



For the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.


~Isaiah 52:12b












Picture: Hammer and Heart, FotoSearch.com
Poem: Walking Around With No Skin On: Love's Insurrection - Angie Bennett Prince - 9/21/10
Picture: Danielle Helms, hers

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment