Sunday, April 20, 2014

~Blessed Easter~ Easter Poem: Empty Womb






~Blessed Easter~

Easter Poem:

Empty Womb







The pangs of childbirth o'ertake me
As mommy cries out for you
The groans within wrench my heart
As my baby is ripped from view

The birth pangs split my gut into
Its pains gush through my heart
With groans that no words can express
As my child from my side ripped apart

God's Spirit dashes to my weakness
To stoke this chasm with hope
That I not falter within it,
This pregnant pause your death evokes

His hope burns like tiny embers
Reminding me He is there
As He births you into Heaven
With His omnipotent care

He soothes my heart that can't yet see
This life rising up in you
He mercifully attends me
As He sees my womb ripped into…
The womb where you once lay,
That seems so empty now
Just as His own Son's tomb once did,
When touched by Abba's resurrection pow'r
Yields Life to our children instead!




~~~





For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the 

anxious 

longing 

of the creation 

waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God.

For we know that the whole creation 

groans 

and 

suffers 

the 

pains 

of 

childbirth 

together until now. And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves 

groan 

within 

ourselves, 

waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees? But if we hope for what we do not see, with perseverance we wait eagerly for it.

In the same way the Spirit also 

helps 

our 

weakness; 

for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with 

groanings 

too 

deep 

for 

words...


Romans 8:18-26 NAS




Poem - Easter Poem: Empty Womb ~Angie Bennett Prince - April 19, 2014








Picture, thanks to

NAS = New American Standard Version of The Holy Bible

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment