Monday, April 7, 2014

Celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary!!! - I Could Never Promise You ~Don Francisco








April 7, 1979 - 2014


Celebrating our 35th Wedding Anniversary!!!









35 years ago, on April 7, 1979,  though it seems like only yesterday, Tommy and I were married at my church, Prince Avenue Baptist Church in Athens, Georgia. We asked one of Tommy's best friends from our graduate school program in Atlanta, Georgia, Mike Turner, to sing in our wedding before we had picked out any of the music. Mike agreed and later came to us with this song that evidently had been written just two years before. We both immediately embraced the song as it reflected the great respect we both had for the kind of love we knew we must have to go into a marriage with God's merciful blessing and protection.

God has since blessed us with thiry-five years of that blessed love that has had its foundation in Him! Tommy has been the most self-giving husband! Although my parents had a wonderfully blessed marriage of sixty-four (64) years, I could never have imagined that our marriage could be so sweet and wonderful. Then God blessed us with our three precious children, all of whom came to know our Lord within the first several years of their lives, each dedicating their lives more fully in their teen years. Our two sons, Rollin (now age 31) and Nathan (now 29), both have very close relationships with our Lord (as does our precious daughter-in-law Stephanie (age 29, almost 30), married to Rollin now for the past five years), and as you all know, Merry Katherine, our only daughter, has now "graduated" into Heaven with her Lord! 

We are so very thankful for all the many blessings our precious Lord has enabled us to enjoy with His help. So tonight, we wanted to share a little of our celebration with you. How nice to not only be able to share our tears with you, but our heartfelt joys as well! Thank you for your love and support over these past 7 1/2 difficult years. May our Lord wrap His arms around you as well, bringing you joy to balance some of the deep sadness in your life.

Thank you for allowing us to share some of our heart with you in a different way tonight. 

~Much love to each of you, and God's sweetest blessings to you and yours.










I Could Never Promise You

Words and Music by Don Francisco, 1977



I could never promise you on just my strength alone
That all my life I'd care for you, and love you as my own
I've never known the future, I only see today
Words that last a lifetime would be more than I could say

But the love inside my heart today is more than mine alone
It never changes, it never fails, never seeks it's own
And by the God who gives it, and who lives in me and you
I know the words I speak today are words I'm going to do

(Chorus)
And so I stand before you now for all to hear and see
I promise you in Jesus' name the love He's given me
And through the years on earth and as eternity goes by
The life and love He's given us are never going to die…

(Interlude)

(Chorus)
And so I stand before you now for all to hear and see
I promise you in Jesus' name the love He's given me
And through the years on earth and as eternity goes by
The life and love He's given us are never going to die
The life and love He's given us are never going to die











Music video: http://youtu.be/GPGYwVEHZJA

TwitThis

1 comment:

Connie Arnold said...

You have had much sorrow in your life, but also many blessings. May your joy, blessings and memories always bring you comfort and peace.

Post a Comment