Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday's Sayings - Sorrow, Suffering, Strength, and Spirit...




Saturday's Sayings

Sorrow, Suffering, Strength, and Spirit...






Sorry for the lateness of this post. We have been experiencing internet problems. Hope to get them cleared up soon!


~~~







SOMETIMES

Sometimes I catch a glimpse,
In softened waves of blue
My child, my heart…when I see a smile
I can't help but think of you

Sometimes these waves fill oceans.
And feelings string on every shore
A collections of each memory
And every way I wish for more

Sometimes I watch for answers
Because each day I call to you
I ask for faith and courage
And strength…to help me through

Sometimes I ask for bravery
Like dolphins in the deep
Because time moves oh so slowly
And sometimes the road is steep

Sometimes I want to scream
This was not what I had planned
Why you ever suffered
A mom can't understand

Sometimes I hear your laughter
And remember you at play
But My Child I always miss you
Not sometimes, but everyday

~ Colleen Ranney


~~~





Grief is neither an illness nor a pathological condition,
but rather a highly personal
and normal response
to life-changing events,
a natural process
that can lead to healing
and personal growth.
The transition through this difficult time
is the courageous journey.

~Sandi Caplan & Gordon Lang (Grief's Courageous Journey: A Workbook)



~~~





Remembering is an act of resurrection,
each repetition a vital layer of mourning,
in memory of those we are sure to meet again.

~ Nancy Cobb



~~~





I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches.
If suffering alone taught,
all the world would be wise,
since everyone suffers.
To suffering must be added
mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness
and the willingness to remain vulnerable.

~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh



~~~





"Stars are the forget-me-nots of angels
in the meadow of heaven."

~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow



~~~






"Perhaps strength doesn't reside in having never been broken, but in the courage required to grow strong in the broken places." 

~Author Unknown


~~~





When those we love have left this earth, we still can feel them near. 
We'll see a picture, hear a song, and it's just like they are here. 
And when we call upon our faith, when we believe and trust, 
We know the ones we care about are always close to us.

~Constance Parker Graham



~~~





I know I'll see the sun shine bright
upon my baby's face...
When I finally get to heaven,
all my pain will be erased.

We'll soar the skies together,
as angels two by two.
We'll have a sweet reunion,
this mother's dream come true!

~Author Unknown



~~~





"To all those who are grieving today. . . my heart is with you. Take your broken heart and spirit to the Lord and leave it there. . . I never really realized how 'much' God loved me until I lost my son. . . God 'gave' His ~ I know that I never could have done that. God knows your pain. God bless you today and always."

~Kathleen Doughman











Pictures and quotes, thanks to "The Far Side of the Rainbow"

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment