Thursday, December 15, 2011

Friday's Faith - Fragile! Please Handle ME With Care At Christmas Time!





Friday's Faith


Fragile!


Please Handle ME With Care


At Christmas Time!





Special Handling Please


I was handed a package the other day.

It was wrapped securely to be mailed away.

Attached to the outside as plain as could be

Was a simple note for all to see.


Please rush through the holiday season;

Too painful to open for any reason.

Contained within find one broken heart --

Fragile, broken, fallen apart.


Tried to go shopping the other day;

The hype of the season blew me away.

Sat down to write cards,

That was insane.

Couldn't find the list

Or think of my name.


People say, "Come over, be of good cheer."

"Celebrate the holidays, prepare a new year."

But my grief overwhelms me

Like waves in the sea.

Can they cope with my crying,

An unsettled me?

I don't have any holiday cheer.

Decorations, traditions, big family meal

I can't do it this year.


Do you know how I feel?

Guilty and frustrated!

I've let everyone down!

Our holiday celebrations

Used to be the best in town.


So just ship me away

Address unknown

When my grief is better

I might fly home.



~Lovingly lifted from TCF/Atlanta




*****



One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.


You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.


Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in your brother's way.


For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men.


~Romans 14:5,10,13,17-18 NIV











Picture, thanks to 123rf.com
Scripture, New International Version

TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment