Saturday, May 12, 2012

Blessed Mother's Day - My Poem: Blessed to Have a Limp... and A Special Song for You, Dear Child-Loss Mother






Blessed Mother's Day
My Poem: Blessed to Have a Limp...
and A Special Song for You, Dear Child-Loss Mother






Blessed to Have a Limp...


I've been blessed to have a limp
As I carry my baby girl
Up to the gates of Heaven
Though my own life's a tilt-a-whirl.

And though I miss her terribly,
It blesses my heart to know:
My baby girl can finally see
The Heavenly Father's glow.

'Tis the cost to be a mother
Of a new-born Heavenly child:
Though my heart by grief does smother,
My child's heart wears a smile.

Yet my Lord forgets me not,
He e'er my spirit blesses
With her constant "presence" now,
And her ever-sweet caresses,

For life does not stop at the grave
Because of our Lord's sacrifice ~
The pathway to Life He did pave,
Granting her everlasting life!


Yes, I've been blessed to have a limp
As I carry my baby girl
Up to the gates of Heaven
For she's now on top of the world.


So as I grieve, and cry and cry,
That's when my baby comes nearby,
Reminding me she's always near ~
Though her body's gone, she is here!


God comes close, helps me see through my tear:

Life has changed: I now walk with a limp,
But my baby's unchained: She now walks with Him!


A mother's challenge and sacrifice
As she limps through the rest of her life:

Let go of my child's life on earth ~
(My limp);
Embrace her eternal new birth ~
(She's now free in Him!)
And when my heart begins to fail,
Remember: she's just... beyond the Veil!


Yes, I've been blessed to have a limp
As I carry my baby girl
Up to the gates of Heaven
Though my own life's a tilt-a-whirl...



~~~


and 

A Special Song for You, Dear Child-Loss Mother...






"Sing," a song dedicated to us Child-Loss Mothers


Cut and Paste this link to your address bar above: 


http://tinyurl.com/6twxp55 

or

http://tinyurl.com/ckrkzjz

Hit enter, then Click play to hear this amazing song.
{Get your kleenex out first though!}


SING!

~Anna Huckabee Tull

Sing….  oh, sing…

Sing! Sing me a song
A song for my Mom
A song for everyone to share
Sing me a song
Let the world sing along
A song for everyone who cares

Just sing! Sing it out strong
Sing for my mom
Sing for of all of those who dare
To journey on strong
When all hope has gone
Sing for the ones who are left there

Tell her I’m with her; I know how she feels
Tell her I’m grateful for all she did for me
Tell her that every moment we shared
Was fuel, fuel for my journey…please tell her that

And sing! With all of your heart
Sing for new starts
Lives moving onward after we’ve flown
Sing out your part! Sing from your heart!
To the most loving soul I’ve ever known--sing it home

It’s all about love; so sing in that key
It’s all about where I go with the love inside of me
It’s all about precious hours we shared
It’s all in the gift of the love that goes with me everywhere

So Sing! Sing out this song!
Sing to my mom!
Sing it out loud and clear and alive
Across the sky; sing for awhile
‘Till she knows that I
Am grateful
And whole
And I
Am fine
La da da da, la da da da
Just sing!



Song Created for, 

and 

In memory of 
8-erika.png

Erika Whitmore Godwin
daughter of Susan Whitmore,
Grieving Mother, and Founder and President of
GriefHaven.org


~~~






~~~



May each of you Have a Very Blessed Mother's Day!















TwitThis

No comments:

Post a Comment