- We so desperately need someone to accept us for who we are as we grieve.
- When our shoulders are deadened with the weight and burdens of our pain and anguish, oh how comforting it would be to be held and reassured that yes we are strong enough to do this.
- Whilst there is no one who can understand absolutely what we are going through, we reach out in the hope that someone will understand, if not totally at least a little.
- To know we’re not crazy after all because we were beginning to think with some certainty that we probably were.
- An understanding deep in our hearts that our loved ones are safe, protected and ok.
- The reassurance to know that we never have to let them go, that they will stay connected to us for the remainder of our lives.
- That somehow, somewhere and with some people they will never be forgotten.
Picture via "Grieving Mothers," and contributed by grieving mother, Jill Compton